The safety of our members and employees is our priority.
We’d like to thank all our members for their patience and understanding throughout this pandemic. The UK government has announced that Leisure and Sports Centres can now reopen – and we’re delighted to resume although currently in a limited capacity.
With the reopening of Castlemaine Hall the protection of our staff and members will remain a priority. We’ve implemented new safety measures recommended by Badminton England this include:
· social distancing measures as laid out by Badminton England
· Please follow the guidance of staff or Directors on duty at the premises and the signage in place around the Centre
· Designated and timed court booking to allow members on to the premises
· Increased levels of cleaning and sanitising products for your use
· Extra cleaning of our premises and courts and to ensure that all touch points within have been cleaned
· Limits on the number of people inside Castlemaine Hall at one time. It may be necessary to wait outside prior to entry
From Tuesday 4th August we’re opening Castlemaine Hall for the first time since the lockdown as part of a phased approach to welcome back our members
During this time of unprecedented uncertainty, we are focused on the safety and well-being of our families, employees, and members
The safety of visitors, staff and volunteers is central to the reopening with measures to ensure social distancing is in place. Hand sanitising gel will be made available and doors left open.
Castlemaine Hall will start with limited opening hours which will ensure that measures put in place will enable people to enjoy their badminton safely. Advance bookings are necessary to maintain safety while reopening gradually.
The text booking system will be used to allow access to Castlemaine Hall so that we can control who has access to the premises and also record visitors as required by Government procedures.
We’ll continue to monitor this unprecedented situation as it unfolds and adapt our planned reopening accordingly.
We will continue to update members with any significant changes to the new procedures put in place.